04 December 2023

Beat

when something stirs
my subconscious suddenly
a fleeting dream
a harrowing nightmare
scaring me half
way to death
impairing the draft
of my Breath
distorting my Vision
as it blurs
contorting my Perception
in the pre-dawn
darkness of perplexities
and infernal anxieties
convincing me things
are actually just
as they seem
but i feel
Something more Real
comforting my corpus
and my conscience
the persistent Pulse
of the Little
Wet Engine within
that always can 
and always will 
until it can't
yet still emanates 
and consistently reverberates 
with the Rhythm
of sublime Resurrection
the Divine Beat
on Eternal repeat...

Thanks.

#100wordprayers #Advent2023 #GiftsInTheDarkness #TheHumblenessAndHolinessOfHeartbeats

('Rainbow Heart in the Dark' © Angela Erwin)





No comments:

Post a Comment