03 October 2019

Candle

our Mother is spinning
   but not like my head
      which still twirls incessantly
         distracted perpetually
            impacted erratically
               with a-Rhythmic anxiety
                  torturing me quietly
                     with songs of another
                        day dawning with dread
                           and a stomach that's churning
                              while dear Mother keeps turning
                                 and this Candle is burning
                              and calling my Spirit
                           to stop, breathe and listen
                        to stillness and Peace
                     and the Grace to release
                  all the ways that i fear it
               and struggle to hear it
            and simply draw near it
         and let Light align
      my perspective maligned
   by a-Rhythmic anxiety
self-inflicted propriety
re-center my Heartbeat
re-calibrate my Groove
re-empower my dead feet
to wake up and Move

(Let It Be.)


No comments:

Post a Comment