08 July 2020

6FT

It's only a boundary
but it feels
like an Eternity
this distance between us
created by a virus
saturating with infection
our most primal place
of connection
(the Air we share)
and this instance
requires us
to relinquish our desire
to embrace
and honour the space
(6FT apart)
as a Sacred expanse
of Grace
and an Incarnation
of Love
and care
by laying down
my entitlements
and all i expect
before you
like lying down
my body
before you
(all 6FT)
the top
of my head
meets the tip
of your toes
and my mind
enters in
to the realm
where your soles
and your Soul
touch the Ground
of your Being
and the Source
of your Wonder
where the weeds
and the woes
cannot cast asunder
seeds of Promise
rooted in Hope
emerging in Courage
and my respect
for you shows
and my Love
for you grows
and 6FT
looks less
like a restriction
and a shrift
and more
like an invitation
to perceive Realities
beyond appearances
and beneath surfaces
and receive signs
of seeming confliction
and constriction
as a 6IFT

#SignsSayingOneThingCanMeanAnotherThing #LifeAndLoveInTheAgeOfCOVID19 #LoveIsStrongerThanCOVID19 #LovingOurNeighborsByKeepingOurDistance


No comments:

Post a Comment